Enterprise Health delivers COVID-19 immunization functionality
As COVID-19 vaccines are granted emergency status regulatory approval, employers are shifting into high gear to support accelerated vaccination programs. To support these efforts, Enterprise Health is adding a COVID-19 workflow to its existing mass immunization functionality used by health system, corporate and government agency clients to manage large-scale employee vaccination events such as annual flu shot programs.
Working closely with its client base, Enterprise Health has rapidly configured a COVID-19 vaccine protocol flexible enough to support several vaccines, a variety of protocols, and administration guidelines that vary by state and client organization. Enterprise Health team members and a representative from our health system client, Northwell Health, participated in a webinar during which they described the effort required to develop COVID-19 vaccine workflows at a breakneck pace in a rapidly changing and extremely challenging environment.
The webinar also included a brief overview of software capability that shows how leading health systems and blue chip corporations are:
- managing and prioritizing vaccine administration to employee populations using rules-based health surveillance panels based on work location, department, job function, role, age and other pre-determined criteria
- tracking health surveillance based on single-dose and multi-dose vaccine formats
- generating automated invitation and reminder emails and SMS messages to notify employees they are eligible for a vaccine
- directing employees to a portal to schedule a vaccine and complete electronic consent or declination
- simplifying documentation of vaccinations by clinicians with a mass injection screen
- alerting clinicians of missing consents prior to vaccination
Northwell Health uses Enterprise Health to document and manage first COVID-19 vaccination in United States
Enterprise Health drew praise from Northwell Health for its nimble delivery of essential health IT functionality to support the health system’s COVID-19 vaccination program. After a quick ramp up, New York’s largest health system used Enterprise Health's occupational and employee health software to document and manage the administration of the first vaccine dose in the United States to Sandra Lindsay, the director of critical care nursing at Long Island Jewish Medical Center in Queens.